I took off today (hence the happy part of the earlier greeting) to read and write which I didn’t do until 11 AM because I was watching 73 Things You Missed in Final Destination 2 (2003) — adding zero value to my life.
Alas, I managed to muster enough discipline cells to close my laptop and turn on my Kindle to continue reading Buy Yourself the F*cking Lilies.
One page in, the author gave a test:
Right now, write down then things you like about yourself.Paragraph 1 Chapter 3 Part 2 of Buy Yourself the F*cking Lilies: And Other Rituals to Fix Your Life, from Someone Who’s Been There by Tara Schuster.
She acknowledged that it could be a daunting challenge, but to do it anyway.
I decided to one-up her test by not only coming up with the ten things but also sharing it here with you. By which I am hoping you would indulge Tara and me by writing your version of the things you like about yourself. It matters not how many (three or ten) nor where (here, online or in your secret diary), try to write it as soon as you can without overthinking about it.
Here is mine:
- I am good with directions.
- and in Maths.
- I strive to grow and keep learning.
- I am pretty independent.
- I am open-minded.
- I am adaptable – a trait I build from migrating to Jakarta then Singapore then Melbourne.
- I am curious by nature.
- I enjoy my own company.
- I can eat and enjoy food without an ounce of guilt.
- I don’t care much about people’s opinion about me. Case in point: I am writing about ten things I like about myself on a Monday morning and share it on the internet.
Writing the above list reminded me of what Adrienne from Yoga’s Adrienne said in at least two of her videos that I watch the most:
“If I can do it on YouTube, so can you!”
— ditto me to you!